Help! I'm Losing My Hair! What Should I Do?

Hair loss can be extremely difficult to deal with and be the main cause for a huge hit to self-confidence. If you feel like your hair is coming out more than usual, consider the following reasons:

1. Stress

2. Side effects to recent medication changes

3. Pollution

4. Hair loss due to injury

5. Medical condition that causes hair loss

Stress is a major factor of hair loss. Though easier said than done, it's important to consider this factor as a possible cause for hair loss. Try to think about all the possible things that could be causing your stress to help you pin point it and try to rectify it as soon as possible. Do you have a job that you can't stand? Is there a family member who causes drama and harm? Friends that you may feel are using you or aren't loyal? No matter the factor, tackling it right away will help alleviate further hair loss. We know switching out jobs isn't that easy to do. So what I would suggest in my humble opinion, is try doing things you like, such as yoga, meditation, talking with a therapist, playing video games, listening to music or go for walks. Try not to spend so much time on work, believe it or not, that makes the stress worse. If you can, speak with your doctor about medications that could help prevent hair loss, consider changing your diet and incorporating lots of water along with your medications to further promote hair growth. 

Side effects of medication is unfortunately no stranger to hair loss, medication could include treatments for a serious illness such as chemotherapy. I would recommend speaking to your doctor about hair growth medications, try changing your diet to help promote hair growth along with your medication. And if you're open to it, consider purchasing a fabulous hair replacement unit. There is a ton of stock with many options of hair replacements to consider in your quest for a suitable unit and it may very well help you gain your confidence back. 

Now I may have mentioned this in my last post but, pollution can cause hair loss... now I know what you're probably thinking. Pollution can cause hair loss???? Yes! I know, I gagged when I read that myself. However, I also understood the method to my madness when I am adamant about washing my hair at least every two weeks. Pollution is so bad, that if dirt is left on your crown for too long, it can cause hair loss. This is an easy solution, as it is highly recommended you wash your hair, though not too often, but at least every week or two. Hair vitamins may help contribute to hair loss prevention, but I also highly recommend you speak with your doctor for consultation before purchasing vitamins. 

Hair loss due to injury such as a burn victim: unfortunately there is no natural cure that I've heard of except perhaps transplant surgery, which could be very expensive and very painful. That's not to discourage anyone from doing what they feel comfortable with doing, and that includes actually going for hair transplant surgery. But don't fret, there are several solutions and for those who are seeking other solutions, I would suggest exploring medical grade units or cosmetic hair replacements.

Other medical conditions such as Alopecia and Trichotillomania which is a compulsive disorder where one pulls their hair from different parts of the body to a point of causing hair loss. Hair loss can occur anywhere from the scalp, to the eyebrows, and other parts of the body. There are other medical hair losses such as infections like wing worms and scalp psoriasis which can lead to permanent hair loss. I would highly recommend you speak with your doctor if you experience any of these medical conditions for possible medication remedies. Though often permanent, I recently read that scientists are developing medications to help reverse any would be permanent damage. You may find that it is expensive and in that case you may also want to consider hair loss solutions such as hair pieces. If you absolutely do not want a hair unit, consider hair vitamins, researching herbs, and a change in diet to help promote hair growth while you take the medication. 

While hair loss is devastating, it fortunately is not the end. With today's resources and scientific remedies, there are several solutions to repair hair and prevent extensive hair loss. My ultimate advice would be to take it one day at a time, try not to panic, speak with your doctor to help pinpoint some problematic areas that are causing your hair loss, then begin your journey to healing. If you'd like; for short term fix it solutions, buy a hair replacement unit, book that vacation and take some time to enjoy the sun! 

I hope this helps! Care to share your questions or comments? Feel free to leave them below! I'd love to hear from you! Let's start a discussion! Happy healing journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help! I'm Losing My Hair! What Should I Do?

Hair loss can be extremely difficult to deal with and be the main cause for a huge hit to self-confidence. If you feel like your hair is com...